Do you need to sell your home quickly? If so, don’t be tempted by the ads you see that say “We Buy Houses” or “Sell Your Ugly House in 9 days for Cash.” Those types of ads are placed by real estate investors who are looking for sellers under duress, and they’ll only pay up to 70% of the low end market value for your home.
But you don’t have to be at the mercy of those scavengers. Selling your home is stressful enough without worrying about getting a fair price, so even if you have no money for repairs, here are a few tips for getting fair market value for your home in the shortest period of time:
– Clean up all the weeds on your property
– Remove dead plants and trim overgrown limbs
– Plant brown spots with cuttings of ground cover from friends
– Either remove empty pots and containers or fill them with cuttings
– Wash all the windows
– Take town any tattered window coverings
– Open all curtains and let the sunshine in
– Air our your home
– Pack up your personal effects, such as family photos, memorabilia, piles of magazines, and other clutter
– Get rid of excess furniture, especially pieces that are tired and worn
You don’t have to give your home away to real estate vultures. A little elbow grease, sweat, soap, and water can help your home put on its best face for potential buyers, even if you have no money for repairs.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.