Selling your home can be difficult. Having to endure showings or lack of showings, repeated low offers and real estate agent excuses is not fun. The competition is tough and there are no magic beans, but there are several ways you can increase the speed at which your home sells. Take a look at our checklist and see if you missed something along the way.
1. Did you select the correct real estate agent? Did you know that twenty percent of the agents sell eighty percent of the homes? Is your agent in the twenty percent? Did you interview several agents? It may be too late to select another agent but if your home doesn’t sell with this agent then change agents when the contract ends.
2. Does your agent market your home? Is your home on the internet, in local papers, and on the MLS? If not find out why not. Ask your agent to start marketing your home. People will not just drive up to your home and want to buy it. Buyers need to see a home before they decide to drive by.
3. Does your home look like a model home? Check the look of your home from the street. How does it look? Walk inside your home, do you see a model home? If not, then create one. Remove the clutter, clean, and arrange so that your home is a show home.
4. Are you marketing your home? I didn’t ask if your agent is marketing your home. You need to be marketing your home. There are several free websites that let you advertise your home for sale. One of the best sites is craigslist. org. Make flyers and put them out at stores in your city. Make another flyer and deliver it to everyone in your neighborhood.
5. Is your home priced right? The number one reason why homes don’t sell fast is they are priced wrong. Don’t list your home for what everyone has their home listed for. This puts you in competition with many homes. Price your home for what other homes sold for, not what they were listed for. There are several free sites that offer free home appraisals. Use three or four of them and average the appraisals. I can’t stress enough the importance of pricing your home right.
6. Do you want to sell your home today? You can sell your home fast by offering your home to investors. You have seen the signs like “We Buy Houses” and “Sell Your Home Today”. These sites will take your information and pass it on to home investors in your area. Investors can buy homes fast, but normally offer less than what your home is worth.
Follow the above suggestions and improve your chances of selling your home today.